Our Faculty and Their Research
Our programs bring together more than 60 faculty members from across the campus, working together to add to our understanding of human disease and therapeutics. Our research areas include:
- Neuroscience, Neurodevelopment and Neurodegeneration
- Cancer Biology
- Molecular Endocrinology
- Microbiology and Infectious Disease
- Vaccine Development
- Mental Health and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Regenerative Medicine
- Drug Design and Receptor Biology
- Immunology, Chronic Inflammatory and Autoimmune Diseases
- Gene Regulation and Epigenetics
- Physiology and Fluid Transport
Admission to Biomedical Sciences
Students may apply to the Ph.D., M.D./Ph.D., or M.S. program through the Graduate Division website.
The application portal for the Ph.D. program will open September 2018 for summer 2019 admissions. December 1 is the priority deadline for admission and fellowship consideration. The M.S. program features a rolling admissions deadline.
For more information, including application information, transcript, GRE and TOEFL requirements, please visit the School of Medicine Student Affairs website.
For assistance with class registration, program requirements, Graduate Division policies, and fellowship and employment matters (TA/GSR), contact the SOM Biomedical Sciences Admissions Office via email at BioMedAdmissions@medsch.ucr.edu or visit our office at 1682 SOM Education Building
Phone: (951) 827-4540